Job Role: General Manager
Job Location: Dammam ,Saudi Arabia
Key Responsibility and Accountability
1. Business Development - Saudi Operation
· In charge of leading and managing the Saudi operation, its logistics activities and the financial aspects required for the movement of imports and export cargo, via air, sea and land freight.
· Overseeing the management and financial aspects of the warehousing activities in line with business objectives.
· Achieve set individual sales target, revenue and profitability growth through volume development with existing and new customer base and offering suitable services or solutions in tandem with overall corporate directions and strategies.
· Build a sound agents network, identify new opportunities for the transshipment business (agents/customer and market) gradation and finalization of agents as per KPI benchmark. Ensure all agency agreements are in place.
· Attend WCA conferences to meet agents and coordinate visits by overseas agents for meeting potential customers in Saudi to help develop and secure market share.
· Liaise with external customers as needed to coordinate shipments, provide shipment updates and obtain missing information necessary to execute shipment.
· Liaise with the colleagues from different branch offices in terms of projects being awarded and business development.
· Plan weekly Sales Meetings and Customer Services Review meetings to monitor progress on business, share market information and trade analysis, shipment movement/cleared, etc.
· Discuss performance of the Saudi branch with senior management on a periodic basis, analyze reasons for variance from business plan and identify corrective actions that need to be taken to achieve target.
· Communicate, develop and maintain customer and carrier relationships ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive initiatives.
· Responsible for total sales cycle, particularly, invoicing on time and accurately, Collection on time and without bad debts.
· Identify market trends and competitive rate actions and communicate those trends to the management team.
2. Pricing Procurement:
· Lead the development of pricing offers for new and existing customers and channel pricing related to air, sea and land freight.
· Setting up contractual rates preferably on yearly basis for special accounts.
· Assist the team and other colleagues in providing responses to tenders, RFQ, RFI to help them maintain their existing business and secure new accounts.
· Develop clear and consistent business cases and recommendations that meet customer investment, upgrades/sales and margin targets.
· Provide post implementation reviews for pricing offers versus business case with a focus on sales, cost and margin impact.
3. Vendor & Relationship Management
· Responsible for air, sea and land freight export vendor contracts and negotiations.
· Undertake regular meetings with suppliers, to ensure that local relationships are maintained and developed to drive stronger price returns.
· Review vendor pricing deals on an ongoing basis and establish impact to business.
· Should maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers to achieve high customer satisfaction and retention leading to increased sales revenue.
· Ensure that all new customer data and other sales data for clients are entered into the database and this information is maintained as per company policy.
· Build communication channels and relationships with all Branch offices for sharing of information, knowledge and leads for new business.
· Conduct review with senior managers on a quarterly basis
4. Job Management:
· Job planning, interdepartmental collaboration and coordination to ensure high delivery.
· Managing the team, organizing work schedules and issuing shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are coordinated. This will also include track and trace management so as to monitor shipments.
· Visiting corporate and potential customers in the market, accompanying the sales team and management to meet potential clients.
· Ensure that team will manage the processing of consignments in compliance with both import and export regulations and in line with an agreed standard operating procedure
· Ensure documentation is being properly handled by the team and that status track sheets are maintained for jobs, costs and quotations where relevant
· Quickly resolve delays/issues which may arise and promptly manage expectations of external/internal customers when delivery performance is affected.
· Identify areas of our business which require improvements (i.e.: operational processes, cost control, customer service, attention to detail) and work with colleagues to resolve accordingly.
· Maintain a log of issues/measures taken to resolve similar issues in the future.
· Work closely with Finance to resolve invoicing and collections and other financial management issues related to the accounts.
· Adding value to the Organization by proactively involving with the management to achieve the Vision of the Organization.
5. People Development:
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that new members of the account teams are honed through a well-developed induction and on the job training program in coordination with HR.
- Provide guidance to the staff on their results in order for them to see weaknesses, strengths and ways on improving efficiency of their working day.
- Review performance of direct and indirect reports on a periodic basis as per the Performance management policy and present to management a performance report which includes full identification of workload by employee, number of bookings managed, number of quotations closed.
- Motivate and guide the account team members to excel individually and as a team.
- Counsel and address grievances of the teams through active involvement.
- Contribute to maintaining an open and learning culture within the teams.
To know more over the role and apply kindly send us your updated resume to [email protected]