Job Role: Group Legal Advisor
Job Location: Dubai , UAE
Key Responsibility and Accountability
Group Legal Adviser is responsible for providing legal advisory services to the media business unit and senior management team in relation to the fast-growing regional digital media business unit. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a mid-level lawyer to take ownership in assisting and advising the digital media business.
• Providing support to the media business in general with a specific focus on the regional
digital media business in the Middle East and to assist in other initiatives of the listed group
as and when necessary.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements in relation to
the acquisition, production and distribution of content, M&A matters, subscription and
advertising business, sales and marketing activities, IP development and regulatory matters,
as well as managing contentious matters relating to the media business.
• Interacting regularly and independently with management and external parties (e.g.
government authorities and counsel).
• Providing legal, regulatory and strategic advice to the media business both in respect of
existing markets, as well as potential new markets.
• Carrying out duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by
• Assisting the General Counsel - Media in all matters relating to the media business.
Skills and Competencies
A qualified lawyer with 8+ years of relevant post-qualification legal experience in an internationally recognized jurisdiction and/or in-house environment, with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
• Solid legal knowledge and experience in supporting the media business and providing relevant legal, regulatory and strategic advice for the Middle East and other parts of Asia.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Excellent communication skills, people oriented, self-driven and able to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to engage with other business units and stakeholders across the Group is important.
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, mature attitude and able to multitask, solution-oriented with good commercial sense.
To know more over the role and apply kindly send us your updated resume to [email protected] and [email protected]