We assisting one of our international banking client's hire a Reinsurance Officer for their Dubai office, UAE.
DEPARTMENT: REINSURANCE DEPARTMENT
Job Title: Reinsurance Officer
Scope of Work: Assisting Sr. Reinsurance Officer in Treaty and Facultative Reinsurance related matters and carry out other assignments as required from time to time in Reinsurance Department.
Reporting to: Reinsurance Manager/ Sr. Reinsurance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities: -
Receive and review U/W Department request / Obtain Reinsurance support / Compare Client’s requirements with the Reinsurers proposed terms / provide all the R/I details to Underwriters / Advise Reinsurers the results / Coordinates with Reinsurers for new and renewal.
- Update the record of files in the computer (both materialized and not materialized / put in proper files the Reinsurance closings (Debit and Credit Notes).
- Review requests for new Business and renewal.
- Risk analysis and Risk Management.
- Placement of Risk with approved International Reinsurers / Local Insurance Companies.
- Follow-up with Reinsurers and Technical Department.
- Processing Renewal of the Policies.
- Drafting and typing of presentation to Reinsurers.
- Assisting in reconciliation matters.
- Claims handling with reinsurers
- To prepare treaty statistics
- To prepare treaty statement of account
- To review treaty slips
- To intimate large losses and claims under XL treaties
- To liaise with Reinsurers/ RI Brokers for Treaty/ Fac related matters
- To prepare treaty related reports on need basis as per the requirements
Internal Dynamics : Coordinates with Underwriting Department, Claims Department and Accounts Department as well as Branches of the Company.
Job Requirements: -
- University Degree or Equivalent and minimum of 3 years of Reinsurance Experience
- Insurance qualification will be an added advantage
- Computer Knowledge
- Fluency in English, proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
- Experience in Reinsurance and Insurance.